Saturday, June 8, 2019

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

I love, love, love Reese's peanut butter cups and oh my gosh I wish I had a reason to make this right now. As in, right this very minute and it's only 9 o'clock in the morning. It looks and sounds amazing and I want it!! Teri made it for her son's birthday and was nice enough (wait, maybe it was actually mean of her because I'm drooling!) to share the recipe and pictures.



Ingredients:

  • 18 vanilla ice cream sandwiches
  • 1 cup peanut butter, melted
  • 1 9.5 oz. package Reese's peanut butter cups (12 total)
  • 6 tablespoons caramel sauce
  • 6 tablespoons hot fudge sauce
  • 2 8 oz containers whipped topping
Directions:
  • Arrange 6 ice cream sandwiches on a serving platter. Drizzle half of the peanut butter over top. Drizzle two tablespoons of the caramel sauce and the hot fudge sauce. Top with a third of the chopped peanut butter cups. 
  • Repeat for the second layer. 
  • Top with the remaining 6 ice cream sandwiches. 
  • Cover the cake with whipped topping. Drizzle the cake with the remaining caramel and hot fudge sauces.
  • Place the cake in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving. 

seriously - look how tall this is! 

don't even try to tell me this isn't making you drool too!! 

PS: I also love the geniusness of layering ice cream sandwiches to make an ice cream cake. Brilliant (and yummy). Thanks for sharing this Teri!

No comments:

Post a Comment