Sunday, June 30, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 26)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a recap of what happened at camp this week in case you missed anything:

Posts ~

6.23: 🔥 (week 25)
6.24: woven wire basket
6.25: tip-sy Tuesday: gardening tip
6.26: cherry pie cookies
6.27: my sis is hungry: chicken and wild rice casserole
6.28: flag door hanger
6.29: 3-D paper stars

What's cooking ~
  • grilled tuna, greek salad, roasted garbanzo beans
  • grilled chicken thighs, salad, roasted asparagus
  • marinated pork tenderloin, veggie tots, sweet kale salad
  • steak, sautéed mushrooms, wedge salad
  • smoked brisket at Al and Cathy's, baked beans, corn, coleslaw
  • grilled chicken caprese, roasted asparagus
from June '16 - donut holes dipped in melted chocolate with sprinkles
click here to see how to make them

Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy in addition to the above ~
  • made deviled eggs using this tip that I posted back in '16 and once again, perfect success even with a brand new carton of eggs. Seriously, all 12 eggs peeled flawlessly - yay!
  • got to hang out with Brooke, she made a few posts for me that I'll be sharing in the near future (hint: she also enjoyed the Legos!). 
  • My sis went out of town so missed out on her "my sis is hungry" dinner and review - good news tho, I have a "my niece is hungry" review on the blog this week from Macey.
  • read "Fifty Things That Aren't My Fault" by Cathy Guisewite ⭐️⭐️ I got tired of reading it, it's cute and light but couldn't stay with it. If I had 1/2 star emoji then I'd give it 2 1/2. Also finished "Valley of Horses" ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. Now waiting for #3 in the Clan of the Cavebear series from the library.
Hope you had a great week - any plans for the 4th? Man it's coming up fast! I like celebrating Independence day - in addition to the obvious reason we have to celebrate (hello, let freedom ring!) I love flags, fireworks, sparklers (although not gonna lie, sparklers freak me out a tiny bit having shooting sparks landing on everything!), the cookouts and berry desserts, hanging with friends and family 🇱🇷

Check back this week to see some more fun projects, recipes, and whatever else I can think of to make! 

Sincerely ~


Jill
Camp counselor and 4th of July lover


6.30.18: strawberry collins
6.30.17: make a flag luminary
6.30.16: make a red white and blue headband

1 comment:

  1. You have made a great website related to fishing which i like visiting.I am impressed to see your work.
    Best value Fishing Rod

    ReplyDelete