Sunday, June 2, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 22)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap of the happenings at camp this week in case you missed anything:

Posts ~
5/26: 🔥 (week 21)
5.27: red, white, and blue berry trifle
5.28: Tip-sy Tuesday: jicama
5.29: banana bread
5.30: My Sister is Hungry: Dorito Casserole
5.31: Escabeche
6.1:   Race day photos

What's cooking ~
  • chicken enchilada suizas
  • grilled chicken, cauliflower risotto
  • tuna steaks, steamed rice, creamed spinach
  • pork chops, baked spaghetti squash, roasted broccoli
  • steak with potato, squash and goat cheese gratin (recipe to follow soon)

Miscellaneous things keeping me busy but not worth a whole post ~
  • Doc thinks I have tendonitis in my hand which apparently takes a long time to heal - last week I was hoping it would be better in a few days but nope...soooooo that means I've had lots of free time to read! The Museum of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman (weird); Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel (classic series set in the Ice Age about an orphaned child who is found and raised by a clan of neanderthal people); My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing (dark, twisted, psycho, creepy book that I couldn't put down!)
  • I did manage to (carefully) arrange all my fiction books alphabetically by author and group our other book together by subject. We don't have tons of books but doing it one-handed took me a long time. 
Hope you had a great week! Got some fun upcoming things next week - check back for a new wine cork craft, a couple recipes, my sis has another review, and who knows what else?! See ya later!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and brace-wearing-whiner


No comments:

Post a Comment