Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Tipsy-Tuesday: Organize Spare Buttons and Extra Thread

I keep a small photo album in my closet, the kind with clear slip in/open end pockets, to help organize all the extra buttons and threads that would normally either get tossed in a drawer, thrown out, or misplaced. This has been my system for years and I'm telling ya - it totally works and only requires minimal effort to keep up. After removing the tags, buttons and thread/yarn from a new piece of clothing, I jot down on an index card what item the button, etc. goes with (or if the tag says what the clothing piece is I'll just use that) and slip it along with the buttons, etc. into an album pocket. That way when I lose a button or need to make a small repair I easily flip thru the album looking for the correct pieces. 





No comments:

Post a Comment