Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies

I saw this recipe on FB, don't know who to credit for the original recipe. I had three bananas that were super ripe and I already made (and ate) banana bread last week (click here for that post) and while it is certainly delicious I don't need to make (and eat) more so soon. These are a much healthier option for using up my bananas - they don't have sugar or eggs, and "skinny" is right there in the title so I thought I'd try them...


Mine look nothing like the photo included in the FB post, theirs looks exactly like no-bake cookies and now that I'm thinking about it I'd bet good money that their picture IS of no-bake cookies and not of these "chunky monkeys"! Liars. Mine have a similar look I guess to no-bakes, but do not have it in your head that they are going to taste like them because you'll be in for a letdown! I'm not saying they aren't good, because they are - they just aren't sweet at all, more like chewy granola. Perfect for when I need a little somethin' when avoiding sugar and too many calories, and they are a very easy-quick-simple cookie to make.

I followed the recipe exactly other than after baking they didn't spread at all, so they were little round granola/cookie bites - I flattened them with a spatula so they were more cookie-like.

3 ripe bananas
2 cups oatmeal
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350'. Mash bananas then stir in the rest of the ingredients, let sit for 20 minutes. Drop by teaspoonful onto uncreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Makes 30

not a great photo but was trying to show the cookies on the left
baked into balls, cookies on the right are after I flattened them
with a spatula. 




No comments:

Post a Comment