Monday, June 3, 2019

Wine Cork Keychain with Charms

My niece just bought her first house near a beach, so when I saw this charm that says "life is better barefoot" I knew I had to get it for her and turn it into a cute little something. A cork keychain seems like the perfect thing to keep her house key on - and then I thought how much better it would be if I could find a cork from a bottle of Barefoot wine...you guys know how many corks I have, right? I was sure I'd find a Barefoot one in my stash. I kid you not, I dumped bags of corks out on the floor and for real, I found the one and only Barefoot cork in the last bag. Ugh. As a side note, I organized my hundreds of hoarded corks while putting them away so next time it will be much easier to find what I'm looking for!


It turned out so cute that I made another one for Janis using a couple different charms that reminded me of our Africa trip, and made her keychain using a cork that says "the joy of wine" on it. Love. 


These are easy - find two small washers that fit on the ends of the cork and glue in place (note: hot glue didn't work, I ended up getting the washers to stick using E6000). Attach the charm, tassels, beads, whatever you like to an eye hook and then screw it into the bottom of the cork (thru the hole in the middle of the washer). Attach a keychain to another eye hook and screw it into the top of the cork. 








No comments:

Post a Comment