Sunday, June 23, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 25)

Dear Campers ~

The what you missed recap, if you missed anything, at camp this past week:

Posts ~
6.16: 🔥 (week 24)
6.17: paper tropical flowers
6.18: tip-sy Tuesday: balsamic reduction
6.19: owl cupcake cake
6.20: my sis is hungry: posole
6.21: Lego key holder
6.22: Karen's layered taco dip

What's cooking ~
  • grilled chicken breast, cauliflower veggie tots, roasted asparagus
  • bbq ribs, kale salad, apple-raspberry pie
  • grilled steak, stuffed mushrooms, cauliflower veggie tots (twice this week, they're so good - find them in the freezer section), caesar salad
Miscellaneous things keeping me busy ~
  • camped for a couple of days at the beginning of the week, that's why we had pie one night - there is a tiny local store right by our campground and Mar, the owner, makes the best mini pies! I've never had apple-raspberry, yum. Dave says he is limited to one mini pie a week but is nice enough to give me a taste (of the filling, I'm not a crust fan) LOL. 
  • read "Furiously Happy" by Jenny Lawson who struggles with mental illness - this memoir is at turns very funny, very disturbing, a bit ridiculous, raunchy, kooky, and highly readable. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Also started reading #2 in the Clan of the Cave Bear series The Valley of Horses. 
  • Forgot to tell you last week that I read "All We Ever Wanted" by Emily Giffin - interesting storyline but didn't love it, although I finished it so will give it ⭐️⭐️⭐️ unlike "Family Trust" by Kathy Wang that I couldn't even finish (which doesn't happen very often!) 
  • Took 'Nick' the fish camping with us - I thought he could hang out in a clear tupperware thing for a few days but he got all weird so we bought a small 1 gallon tank for him to camp and travel in...my .22 cent goldfish is now up to like $80 bucks in tanks, nets, cleaning stuff...always something. 
Check back next week for a couple crafts, a couple recipes, probably a review by my sis, and who knows what else! I'm still playing with my new-found, newly-organized Legos so we'll see if anything post-able happens :) Have a great week!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and mini pie taster 

No comments:

Post a Comment