Sunday, September 15, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 37)

Dear Campers ~

Another week that flew by - why is it time seems to be moving faster and faster? Here's a recap of the happenings at MMDC this week in case you missed anything:

Posts ~
9/8: 🔥 (week 36)
9/9: how to make a tutu
9/10: Tip-sy Tuesday: food processor tip
9/11: zucchini bread
9/12: lemon zucchini bread
9/13: my sis is hungry: zucchini bread bake-off
9/14: time to celebrate!

What's Cooking ~

  • ribs, kale salad, roasted baby potatoes
  • tuna caesar salad
  • steak, veggie tots, wedge salad
  • grilled chicken sausage, mac and cheese (recipe to follow - you're going to want to make this for sure!), roasted asparagus
  • grilled chicken breast, orzo salad
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy but not worth a post ~
  • Even tho we had company most of the week I managed to read 3 books. The best was "Sold on a Monday" by Kristina McMorris - took me a bit to get into it but ended up really liking ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️; "Kisser" by Stuart Woods, I don't know why I occasionally read his books and am not a fan of his writing (quite annoyingly chauvinistic) ⭐️; and "Hell's Corner" by David Baldacci  ⭐️⭐️⭐️ was pretty good crime novel, a little political but readable and I was entertained - way better than "Kisser" anyway. 
  • Started volunteering again at the elementary school; I was a school volunteer for about 15 years but once my youngest niece hit high school I "retired",  now a friend of mine just started teaching 2nd grade and I offered to help get her going - so I'm temporarily out of retirement!
Hope you had a great week - stop by in the upcoming week to see more crafts, recipes, whatever I can think of to make. And don't forget to enter for the blog 4th anniversary drawing - leave me a comment and your name either here on the blog or on the FB page before tomorrow (9/16) night to be entered to win a $25 gift card!

I know - 4 years! That's crazy.

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and blogger of 1458 posts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment