Thursday, September 5, 2019

Insta-Pot Tortellini...by Jenny

I guess 'my sis is hungry' enough to cook for herself this week - hmmmm...you'd think she would have made some for me and I could review her recipe this time hahaha! What a chicken - maybe I need to yell more รก la Gordon Ramsey.  Here's what she made, in her words:


I DID IT!! I MADE UP SOMETHING MYSELF FROM SCRATCH AND IT WAS FANTASTIC!!
Maybe my sister is right and this whole cooking thing has merit? 

I am ashamed to say I watched a few episodes of Master Chef this season when someone we know was a contestant on it.  Since then I have been inspired thinking “how hard can this be?”  Don’t tell my sister it wasn’t her cooking that inspired me - it was Chef Gordon Ramsay and his yelling.  Anyway…. 
So I made a yummy instant pot tortellini and everyone in the family loved it.  There.. I reviewed it myself.  Done.  Whatever rating I would have given my sister you can jack that up a couple points. ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 package fresh tortellini pasta
1 can Medium Enchilada Sauce
2 cups water
2 cups rotisserie chicken cut up in cubes
½ block light cream cheese
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
Optional: 
1 ½ cups broccoli
1 cup fresh mushrooms

So easy.. 
Put the pasta, sauce, water, veggies, and chicken in the instant pot. Cook on manual pressure for 2 minutes.  When 2 minutes has went off quick release the steam. Don’t cook it longer or pasta and veggies will be mushy!
Stir in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until melted. 

Honestly the family loved it and it was so easy and delicious.






Jill here - I questioned enchilada sauce over tortellini but she swears it was amazing! I don't have an insta-pot but don't see why you couldn't make this on the stovetop (it'll just take longer obviously!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment