Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Zucchini Bread

It's that time of year - the zucchini (what's the plural of zucchini? Zucchinis?) are plentiful and getting larger and larger (that reminds me of a post I did a long time ago - 'the hulk sized zucchini' hahahah) and what better thing to do with them than make bread? Yes I like zucchini noodles as much as the next girl but mmmm, bread is still better...


I have had this recipe for years, tried and true and delicious. This time I decided to make it a little 'healthier' by swapping one cup of regular flour with whole wheat flour. Then I worried it might be a little dry (it is very moist when I use all regular flour) so I added a big scoop of applesauce just in case. If you don't want to use whole wheat flour just do all 3 cups all-purpose white flour! The bread is moist and very flavorful with the addition of the cinnamon and nutmeg - plus the house smells fantastic while it's baking ;)

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 2 c. grated zucchini*
  • 2 t. lemon juice
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 3 c. all-purpose flour (or swap some for whole wheat - I did 2 c. white flour, 1 c. whole wheat)
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. baking powder
  • 3 t. cinnamon
  • 1 t. nutmeg
Preheat oven 325'. Grease and flour 2 (8x4") bread pans.

Beat eggs, mix in oil and sugar and beat to combine. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. 

Combine dry ingredients, stir into egg mixture just until combined. Divide batter evenly between the 2 prepared pans. Bake about an hour until done (insert a toothpick or bamboo skewer to check for doneness).

*note: click here to see how to use the shredding disk of your food processor if you have one.


9.11.17: "sweet" candy gift
9.11.18: blueberry sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment