Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Tip-sy Tuesday: How to use a Shredding Disk

Since I had to get the manual out to figure out how to shred my giant zucchini, I took a bunch of pictures to save you the hassle of locating the manual and figuring out to use the shredding disk of your food processor! Not hard but (at least on mine) a little tricky to figure out on my own. You might want this info before the next two posts this week - you'll see why tomorrow.

Normally when using my food processor I use the blade shown in the bowl to chop or blend ingredients, to shred you need to remove that blade and will replace it with the shredding disk and adapter thing:


I put the adapter piece in the bowl so you can see where it's going to go - but first you need to attach it to the shredding disk:


It's a bit of a puzzle - the notches on the adapter align with notches on the back of the shredding disk:


 Place the adapter notches in the notches on the shredding disk as shown:


Twist the adapter to lock it in place (the adapter notches are under the metal tabs in the picture below:


 After it's locked on, slide the adapter into the center of the food processor bowl:


Put the top of the food processor in place and lock it on like normal. Cut the food you want shredded into pieces that will fit into the feeder tube as shown (I did wedges of zucchini):


Use the pusher thing to help get the zucchini down onto the shredding disk:


 In a few seconds you'll have a bowl full of shredded zucchini:


Stop back tomorrow for a recipe using shredded zucchini!

No comments:

Post a Comment