Sunday, September 29, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 39)

Dear Campers ~

Computer seems to have fixed itself after last Sunday's boycott! Whew. Here's a quick recap of what happened at camp this week in case you missed anything:

Posts ~

9/22: week 38 ðŸ”¥ computer problems!
9/23: driftwood art
9/24: tip-sy Tuesday: did you have a power outage?
9/25: banana poppy seed muffins
9/26: alfredo and pink sauces
9/27: make a flip book
9/28: banana-coffee non dairy ice cream


Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~

  • read "The Proposal" by Jasmine Guillory ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2,  pretty standard chick lit but quick, entertaining, albeit predictable, read. "One plus one" by Jojo Moyes ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I really liked this story about a single mom doing the best she can and her happy ending love story. Another pretty standard chick lit quick read but I liked it. Also tried to get into "The Marriage Clock" by Zara Raheem but just couldn't, there were a bunch of people waiting for it so I let it go early. If you read it let me know if it gets better and I should have stuck with it!
  • we were camping for a few days, weather getting cooler which is so nice for fall camping. It rained quite a bit tho so I didn't really do much cooking or crafting stuck in the RV. I haven't got any good recipes for cooking in my little RV kitchen - need to work on that.
  • sad news for the week is that Nick the fish died in a tragic tangle with the filter. PSA: did you know that fish can get sucked to the filter? I did not. I was super sad so we went and got another fish - this time it's a "Dalmation Molly" named Spot. Wish me (and Spot) luck with the filter this time. 
    RIP Nick the fish
Hope you had a great week - stop back this coming week to see more fun crafts, recipes, and whatever else I think to make! It's almost time to start breaking down my garden, it's still producing tomatoes but the beans have given up - I do have peas that are making a comeback now that it's cooler but I don't know if they'll have time to produce before it gets too cold...yikes, winter is coming people! 

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and fish lover (whodaknew?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment