Thursday, September 19, 2019

Cardstock Gift Box


I haven't made any of Ronda's cute gift enclosures lately - she is so creative and has shown me so so many different ways to make boxes, envelopes, pouches, etc. (so many I kind of forget about how many different ones I've learned!). I caught her doing a facebook live video the other day showing yet another gift box, this one looked so easy and quick to make that I immediately ran to the craft room to whip one out for a gift that I'm giving at a party tonight.  Turned out so cute, and came together so quickly, that I have to share with you. The only thing I changed is the little decorative thing on the front - I don't have the daisy punches that she used so I winged it with what I have on hand. How useful and cute is this box? I will not be forgetting about this one, I can imagine using it all the time. Ronda made a video and it was very easy to follow, I'll try to do the same with pictures. Check it out:

You need an 8.5 x 11" sheet of cardstock for the box itself, and a 6" square of decorative paper for the front and back panels of the box.


Score the cardstock at 2" on the 11" side, turn and score the other side at 2", 5 1/4", 7 1/4", 10 1/2"
Cut off 1/2 inch across the top but keep the strip for the end.
Cut the decorative paper in 2 pieces 3" x 5 3/4".


Fold all of the score lines a bit so the paper is flexible. Cut the score lines up 2" to meet the long score you made the length of the paper. Remove the little 1/2" strip along the side.



Run adhesive along the 1/2" side and across the flap below it. Before assembling the box, glue on the 3 x 5 3/4" decorative paper panels. Fold the box into shape, tuck in the 1/2" strip and glue to the other side. Fold in the short flaps, then the flap that has adhesive on it, then the other flap to create the bottom.




To finish - fold the strip that you cut off in the beginning along the score lines, put glue on both ends and wrap around the box. Add embellishment of your choice - Ronda made a cute sunflower out of 4 punched flower pieces and a brown circle for the center;  I layered 3 flower pieces (curl the edges a bit using a bone folder or wrap around a pencil and attached a gem for the center. Stuck on the front using dimensional foam squares so it stands out a bit from the box.






The top of this box is open so you'll see whatever you put inside it. Ronda's example had a gift wrapped with cellophane with the ends sticking up out of the top - so cute.

9.19.18: strawberry swirl cheesecake
9.19.17: paper mugs
9.19.16: Steve's mac and cheese
9.19.15: dog crate cover




No comments:

Post a Comment