Saturday, February 27, 2016

Tomato Pear Chutney

Here is the chutney recipe I made to go with grilled pork tenderloins the other day - I made a couple changes so I don't know how it'll be if you follow the recipe exactly but my version was very good. Peaches aren't in season right now so I substituted pears, and added a handful of golden raisins. I didn't want to make as much as the recipe called for so I halved all the ingredients except I put in all of the vinegar and I probably should have used half the amount and added water for the extra liquid I needed. It was pretty vinegary, but still tasted good! Even halving the recipe it still made a lot, we have a bowl of it leftover but it will keep in the fridge (or maybe I'll put it in the freezer for later).
wrap the spices in a double layer of cheesecloth, tie closed with some kitchen twine

the chopped ingredients before it started to cook down;
remove the spice packet before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment