Sunday, February 21, 2016

Three Cheese Potato Gratin

Sunday Supper this week was so good! Love when everything comes together easily and successfully :).  We ended up doing it last minute so I had to think of something I could make pretty quickly  and settled on this menu:

Grilled pork tenderloins - in a large dish I whisked together olive oil, red wine vinegar, a dash or two of worcestershire sauce, a little soy sauce, and some chopped parsley; add the tenderloins and cover, put in fridge for a couple hours and then grill.

Tomato pear chutney - I have a chutney recipe that I love but it takes hours and there is so much of it that I can a few jars...obviously I didn't have time for that so I searched for a quick chutney and found a recipe for tomato peach chutney that cooks in a couple hours. Peaches aren't in season right now so I substituted pears, and I added a big handful of raisins (I don't love raisins but they are really good in chutney). I will post that recipe later.

Three cheese potato gratin - I found the recipe here. I made a couple of changes: used 5 large yukon gold potatoes (with the skins on) and 1 very large peeled yam, layered them in a 13x9 dish with the onion cream mixture instead of pouring it all on top, used italian seasoning instead of rosemary, and before baking I poured additional cream over the top so it wouldn't be dry. This turned out so good, it's very pretty with the 2 colors of potatoes, and everyone loved it.

layering the gratin


Roasted green beans - I do these all the time, so easy and different. Put the washed green beans on a baking sheet, toss with olive oil and coarse salt, bake at 400' until they are roasted (I like when they get almost a little crunchy - not burned - so just watch them) probably about 10-15 minutes.

The friends that came for supper brought a yummy salad of arugula, beets, and jicama tossed in a mustard vinaigrette and topped with spoonfuls of marscapone cheese. So good. For dessert we had strawberries and frozen yogurt.

Oh, and there was lots of wine and bread to round it all out. Mmmmmmm....it was a nice dinner!

I forgot to take pictures, except of the potatoes - it was all beautiful tho!

No comments:

Post a Comment