Monday, March 9, 2020

Shamrock Garland

I've been sick for a few days and haven't felt like being crafty - so hope you don't mind a repeat post! Here's an easy St. Patty's day craft I originally posted 3/16 you can whip out in no time:



Brooke must have been busy this week, I didn't get any of her awesome kid craft videos to share with you today...so instead I've decided to channel her and come up with my own craft that I think she'll approve of - naturally by asking myself "what would Brooke do?" I had to use the hot glue gun! And yep I burned my thumb - she seems to be better at being careful than I am!

(2020 tip: I've said it before but here's a reminder - have a bowl of ice water sitting on your work station when using the hot glue gun. If - and when, if you're like me - you get burned, immediately stick your hand in the ice water. Trust me, it helps)

I had a left over package of foam shamrocks from making the wreath the other day (see here for that project) and some twine, and of course the hot glue and thought a quick garland to hang from a door would be cute.



That is literally all I did, glued shamrocks back to back (making sure the stems matched up) every few inches on a long piece of twine. Stuck up one of those little Command removable hook things to the top of the door and looped the top of the garland string around it.




No comments:

Post a Comment