Thursday, March 26, 2020

'Stay at Home' Quarantine Road Trip #4

Day 4: Elk City, OK to Springfield, MO ~

Went to sleep in Springfield with the plan to stop at a grocery store in the morning because they weren’t under a stay at home order so figured the stores might not be ransacked ... woke up to the announcement that Springfield had issued the order. Ugh, what timing - we were so close!

Dave was able to walk into McDonalds for take out, it was doing a heavy business between inside and drive thru. Springfield campground was the first that had their office and store open - I stuck my head in and asked if we were allowed to enter, I was laughed at and told of course! Um...funny how quickly I’ve become accustomed to having businesses locked!

Before we left the campground this morning I took a couple pics trying to be artsy - this playground is so old school and a little sad sack but I like it:


 And then imagine it at night - kinda creepy!


Sarge-in-Charge has his eye on the campground:


Can you believe how low gas prices are Oklahoma? I read somebody said "gas is finally low and we can't go anywhere"! Funny...and not funny.


Then later that day we saw it even lower!


Since I have all kinds of time on my hands riding in the RV all day, I helped my sister change things around in her living room - I'm calling it 'virtual decorating' hahahah. She sent pictures and I suggested different ways to change things up. I loved it and it was so much fun (there's nothing in the RV for me to rearrange so this was fun for me!) - anyone want help with little decorating questions give me a shout! I do love to give my opinion hahahha ;)

3.26.19: the front tuck
3.26.18: Peep cupcakes
3.26.17: Al's west african peanut soup (oh gosh I love this soup so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment