Monday, April 18, 2016

Hair Tie

Saw this simple pattern online for a "baby hair tie" and since I'm forever looking at headbands and things to do with my short hair I wanted to give it a try. Was very easy, minimal sewing, and turned out cute.











Since the pattern is baby-sized,
I added 5" in between the 2 pattern pieces to make each piece 18" long. Since I didn't have enough material to put this on the fold (that's what they intended, for the flat bottom piece to be placed on the fold, meaning there would be 2 long pieces total), I cut out 4 and sewed them together in the middle where the fold would have been. So I ended up with 2 (36") long pieces with a seam in the middle. Make sense?


Pin the 2 (36"long) pieces together with right sides facing each other and sew all around, leave a small gap so you can turn it right side out after sewing.

Feed it thru the small opening to invert it and have the right sides out, sew up the gap by hand or machine (I did it on the machine because you can't see it, I put the gap in the place where it gets knotted) and then iron it to get the edges crisp.

As I was making it I also thought this would be a great stuffed snake pattern - so if you don't want a head band, maybe give a snake toy a try! :)
















click here for the pattern.




No comments:

Post a Comment