Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

Sheryl brought mini stuffed peppers over for an appetizer the other day - I've seen the bags of mini sweet peppers at the grocery store but didn't know what to do with them and now I'm obsessed. Right after I had Sheryl's version, which was stuffed with goat cheese (I think goat cheese, I didn't get her recipe), I saw this recipe on The Italian Dish site and figured it was a sign that I needed to try making some. These are SO good, fairly easy to make, hold well and are good either hot or at room temperature. If you like these and want to also try Sheryl's recipe I will get it from her and post later!



I've made these twice in a couple weeks - there are a lot of little peppers in that bag, plenty to make this 2 different times. And both times they were a hit with no leftovers - always a good sign!


I followed her recipe pretty closely; I used dried basil instead of fresh, substituted her suggested Montreal Steak Seasoning for pepper, and added a handful of shredded monterey jack cheese to the bread crumb mixture.

I've only made these for appetizers but they would also make a good side dish to roasted meat or chicken, I'd maybe round out with a salad.









No comments:

Post a Comment