Thursday, April 7, 2016

Repairing A Wall Clock

I have this little arrangement of removable wall stickers in my office and in the middle of it hangs a cheap little nothing clock. Unfortunately the cheap little nothing clock has stopped working but I like my wall so much I wanted to give fixing the clock a shot...I've seen clock kits at the craft store, of course I couldn't find exactly what I needed to make my clock work and still look just the same - but I bought the closest they had and took a chance.






Clock kits come in different sizes and depths - I chose the smallest one with the shortest shaft (thats the part that sticks thru the clock face and the hands attach to). I was hoping to reuse the black hands that were already on my clock but the shaft size is different on this new clock movement, so even though the new ones are too long and gold I decided to use them and I actually think it looks just fine.


the finished clock hanging on my cute sticker wall

If I don't point out the flaw to anyone (well, anyone other than all you guys!) I don't think anyone will notice. And if they do...oh well :). At least my clock works again!



The clock kit cost $8.99 and I had a 40% off coupon - figured I wasn't out much if it didn't work.
the parts I removed off the clock that didn't work
















PS: our friend Steve repairs real clocks and I'm sure is gonna be super impressed at this, haha!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jill...Steven says good job! And if you still have the old hands, bring them home with you, he said he might be able to make some minor adjustments and then you can still use them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were your ears ringing? I JUST now told Dave I was waiting for you to respond to my comment about Steve! I knew you would :). Shoot, I didn't think to save the hands - I got rid of them with the mechanism that didn't work...darn.

    ReplyDelete