Monday, April 25, 2016

Washi Feathers

I saw this idea today while looking for things to do with washi tape - it's a very easy quick craft and turned out so cute. What a fun gift topper or decoration!

All you need is a piece of thin wire about 7" long and some washi tape. Lay out a strip of tape (I just randomly tore pieces off approx 7" long) adhesive side up and put the wire down the center, then top with another piece of tape. I added a row of tape on either side of the wired middle one (make sure you also put tape on the reverse side so the adhesive is all covered). Cut this rectangle into a feather shape, then make little thin slits up and down both sides.
supplies are wire, washi tape, and scissors


put the wire on top of the sticky side of tape then put another
piece sticky side down on top of it

I put another row of (double sided) tape on
either side of the wired middle piece. Trim into
a feather shape - being careful not to cut your
knuckle like I did! You'd think I'd know better...


 make slits up and down both sides

I really liked the zig zap feather until I made the gold
one - I LOVE the gold one! This is 3 rows of tape for the
top side, turn the whole thing over and repeat for the
under side. 


If you don't already have washi tape on
hand you can find it lots of places, I got a bunch of it at the dollar store.

Click here to see where I found this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment