Friday, April 29, 2016

Picture Frame with Clip

Super simple decorating idea - I took a dollar store frame, put a piece of scrapbook paper inside, and hot glued a clip to the front of the glass. Now I can change out the picture so easily, although this is such a cute picture of handsome Sarge (my neighbor took this picture and really captured his serious little expression) that I probably won't change it any time soon haha ;)

Couple problems: initially I was going to paint the frame a fun color and fill it with bright paper, but the paint I was using wouldn't stick - I could wipe it right back off without any staying on the frame! So yeah, that was a fail. I just found a piece of paper that matched the frame instead.

painting the frame didn't work...
...and neither did using e-6000!

















The second problem was gluing the clip on with E6000, maybe I didn't let it set long enough but I couldn't get that to hold... I hot glued it instead and that worked immediately. So if you get a frame that you can use without painting and just hot glue the clip on in the first place (see, I saved you some time) then this is like a 2 minute project. And it's cute!

The clip I had on hand was also a tack, I just removed the tack part with a pair of pliers - it came off with no effort at all.

removing the tack from the back of the frame



I measured where the center of glass is to get it
right in the middle, normally I would have just
eyeballed it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment