Saturday, August 14, 2021

Buffalo Dip

My sis makes a great buffalo dip in the crock pot that everyone loves, she gets asked to make it all the time and I finally asked her for the recipe. Funny tho, Mickey and I are kind of spicy-weenies so Jen scoops out some of the dip for us before adding Franks Red Hot sauce, so if you're afraid of it being too hot you can definitely leave out the Franks, or adjust the amount to suit yourself. I'm giving you the recipe how I ended up making it, hers is a little different in that she uses 2 cans of chicken and Franks hot sauce instead of mild buffalo.


Oh, and just so you know - she said she doesn't follow a recipe and will change it up depending on what she has on hand; you can add more or less of anything, if you don't like ranch then add more sour cream, omit the sour cream, change the type of cheese as long as it melts good, leave out the spinach or add more. Very adaptable!

1 large can chicken chunks, drained (note Jen adds 2 cans)
2 packages cream cheese (I used light), room temperature
1 cup Ranch dressing (I used light)
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup sour cream (I used light, are you sensing a pattern here?)
1/2 cup mild buffalo sauce, or to taste (note Jen does 1 cup Franks)
big handful of chopped fresh spinach

Mix everything together in a crockpot.
You have options how to cook it: (1) about 2 hours before serving, turn on low heat, stir occasionally or (2) if you have a removable crock you can put it in the microwave for a few minutes to get it started and then put back in crock pot on low. You don't want to heat this too far ahead of time, it gets a little crusty after a while.

I had some leftover dip so am experimenting with other ways to eat it - so far I've stirred it into white rice (add a little water to loosen it up), and this morning I made cheesy scrambled eggs with it. Both are yum - dip, it's not just for parties :)



No comments:

Post a Comment