Friday, August 20, 2021

Banana Cream Pudding Pie

I made 3 pies for my sis's birthday last week - I almost shared them all on one post but then realized that's a little much and if you're searching for a pie recipe you'd have to look thru this entire post to find the right one...plus I might as well get 3 posts out of one event LOL. First up - banana cream with a couple twists. 

I bought a pre-made shortbread crust and drizzled the bottom with caramel ice cream topping. Chop a couple bananas and put on top of the caramel. Mix together 1 box vanilla pudding and 1 box banana pudding with 2 cups milk, let set for a couple minutes and then fold in 1 cup cool whip. Spread on top of the bananas and chill for 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve top with another cup of cool whip. You could decorate with more bananas on top but if you don't eat the entire pie then the bananas turn brown and ugly (in my opinion). I also thought I'd drizzle with caramel but forgot to take it to my sisters house - so no caramel drizzle!

Ingredients:

  • shortbread or graham cracker crust
  • caramel ice cream topping
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 small box instant banana pudding
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 cups cool whip 

No comments:

Post a Comment