Saturday, October 8, 2022

Yummy Mummy Rice Krispie Treats

I got the idea for these funny Rice Krispie treats from a food network magazine. I didn’t follow their recipe because I like the yummy browned butter one that I now use (click here), but I decorated each bar like they did and they turned out so cute. I wondered if the eyes and fruit roll up would stay on (initially I thought I might have to stick on the eyes with frosting) but the Rice Krispie treats are sticky enough to hold the candy in place. I individually wrapped each “mummy” to serve them to Dave’s ukulele group this morning. 

PS: it’s now the afternoon and Dave just got back the meeting with a nice note from Irene (one of the members) thanking me for the “yummy mummies” - wish I would have thought to call them that hahah! Now I’m updating the name of this post :) 




  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 20 oz. marshmallows
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • pinch of coarse salt
  • 7 cups (7 oz.) rice krispies cereal
Directions:

1. Butter the bottom and sides of a 13x9" pan. Set aside.

2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan on low heat and let it cook until the solids start to turn golden brown and it smells caramelly, 3 to 4 minutes.

3.  Add the marshmallows and cook on low, stirring constantly until mostly melted (a few small lumps here and there are ok). Add the vanilla and salt, stir to combine.

4. Place the Rice Krispies in a large bowl, Pour the melted marshmallow mixture overtop and stir until evenly combined. Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and press the mixture into the pan with lightly greased hands - smashing them down too hard will result in firm rice krispie treats, so use a gentle hand if you want them chewy. Let cool before slicing into squares.



10.8.20: MSIH: zucchini bread cookies
10.8.19: TT: mushrooms and onions
10.8.18: plastic spider earrings
10.8.17: test tube Reese's 'heart you to pieces'
10.8.16: my crafty sister (no, she isn't crafty - but she IS funny!)
10.8.15: cute and creepy carved pumpkin


No comments:

Post a Comment