Friday, October 7, 2022

Pork Chops with Zucchini and Stuffing

I’ve shared the zucchini and stuffing idea before but this time I added pork chops on top and baked until they were cooked thru and it was so good (and easy!). At the last minute I remembered a recipe I wanted to try for Dijon-fig sauce and whipped it up to serve with these pork chops - oh my gosh we loved it! New favorite weeknight dinner idea!



For the main dish: chop up zucchini into bite sized chunks and put in a shallow casserole dish (I sprayed the dish with non-stick cooking spray first); make stove-top (or your favorite stuffing mix) according to package directions and layer it over the zucchini. (note: I didn't add anything to the stove-top, just mixed the seasoned bread with water and melted butter). Top with boneless pork chops and bake until chops are done and the stuffing is toasted.

For the fig sauce: stir together 1/4 cup Dijon, 2 T. Fig jam, 1 T. Water (or however much it takes to get the consistency you want for sauce), and a pinch of salt. You can change the amounts of mustard and fig to suit your taste.
















10.7.16: Brooke makes a funky pumpkin










10.7.15: boo painted mug



No comments:

Post a Comment