Thursday, October 6, 2022

Caramel Pie

We went to visit my mom last weekend and I thought it’d be nice to take her a birthday dessert (even tho her birthday isn’t until next month) since I am rarely with her on her birthday and usually just send something. I know she loves pecan pie but I’ve never made one and my little sister told me that she makes a great one so I’m leaving pecan pie to her hahah - plus I don’t like it which was another reason I didn’t want to attempt it LOL. 

I also know she used to love the caramel pie at O’Charley’s restaurant which is no longer open by her - I Googled to see if anyone had a recipe and found quite a few copycat recipes posted. The one I chose to make seemed to be the most simple pie ever - you literally open cans and pour into a crust. So easy! And I gotta say, it’s a fantastic pie. So good that when I asked my niece Gracie what her favorite dessert is she went “well, nooooowwww it’s caramel pie” hahahah!  

You can make your own caramel, I saw lots of recipes for that online when I was searching for ideas - but when I saw this beyond easy recipe I decided to give it a try and it’s a winner. Hopefully mom, niece, and sisters don’t read today’s blog because I looked like a genius when they ate this pie LOL!

  • Graham cracker crust (store-bought or homemade. I wanted store-bought but they were out so I made one following the recipe on the graham crumb container)
  • 3 (13.4 oz) cans Dulce de Leche caramel sauce
  • Cool whip or whipped cream
  • Chopped pecans, and chocolate chips for garnishing the top 
Check out how easy these directions are: spread the caramel sauce into the pie shell, refrigerate at least 3 hours for it to set up. Spread with cool whip and sprinkle the top with chopped pecans and chocolate chips. Seriously, that’s it!




10.6.21: antipasto skewers  

10.6.20: dilly bean hack



10.6.17: Ronda makes a Halloween Treat Box

10.6.16: Dog on the blog - sweet potato dog cookies

10.6.15: Make a spooky terrarium



No comments:

Post a Comment