Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Miniature Wedding Cake

I made this mini cake for Ray and Tesha's 50th wedding anniversary, I have a set of pans to make this size tiered cake but you could also cut rounds out of a baked 8 or 9" cake (crumb coat and freeze before frosting will help make it easier to frost with all the cut edges if you go that route). 


To make this cake - my pans are 2", 4", and 6" or cut out whatever size circles you want. I doctored a white cake mix with an extra egg, replace the oil with melted butter, replace the water with whole milk, add a teaspoon of vanilla, and a handful of chopped white chocolate chips. Make according to package directions. 


I frosted the entire cake with white buttercream and piped dots around the bottoms of each tier; then piped rosettes with swirled two-tone pale yellow and pale orange frosting, and added stars and little fluffy flowers with solid pale yellow and pale orange frosting. To finish I sprayed it with edible gold glitter (I found a small bottle at Walmart). 

No comments:

Post a Comment