Monday, September 30, 2024

Felt Photo Album Cover

When cleaning out my craft closets I came across another project I used to make all the time as gifts - felt-covered photo albums. I'd cut out a simple felt shape (scottie dog was a favorite!) and add sequins and beads, then hand sew it to a piece of felt large enough to wrap around an album. For the inside pieces I cut a coordinating color of felt strips and sewed them on either end of the outside cover to create pockets to hold the album in the cover. Easy! 

In this example the album is 6.25" tall by 4.5" wide and has maybe 20 pages. The outside cover is blue felt cut 6.75" by 10.25" wide (to wrap around the album). Inside green fabric pieces are each 6.75" by 2.5". Scottie is out of dark gray felt, with sequins and little seed beads sewn on top. 






the underside of the scottie appliqué - the front of the album covers it up 

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY BFFE!!! 

9.30.23: words

No comments:

Post a Comment