Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Crock Pot Pork Chops (with gravy)


Even tho this recipe says it's best with bone-in chops, I made it with thick-cut boneless mostly because I wanted to try the sauce - I've never made it with a combo of condensed soups (usually I do all mushroom) and we both thought it was great. I made it while camping so didn't have all of these ingredients - I omitted the paprika and garlic powder, as well as the onion because Dave doesn't like. I also didn't brown the chops first and that would have added extra flavor - but like I said, we're up north and I didn't feel like dirtying another pan! Here is the recipe I found here, as written:


2 things about my photo:
1 - it looks like I remember to take it after eating half a chop, but
really I cut it in half first and should have arranged it better!
2 - it looks like I went a little heavy adding pepper hahha. 

  • 4 pork chops thick with bone-in is best, about 3 lbs 
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • ½ teaspoon paprika
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 10.5 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 10.5 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
  • ¾ cup beef broth I prefer low sodium
  • 2 cups mushrooms sliced
  • 1 small onion sliced

    • Preheat oil over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Brown pork on each side (about 3 minutes each side).
    • Remove pork, add soup and broth to the pan and whisk to release any brown bits in the bottom.
    • Place mushrooms and onions in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with pork and pour the soup mixture over the top.
    • Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until pork is tender. Thicken sauce with a slurry (see notes) if desired. Serve over rice, potatoes or noodles.


    Notes

    *The best pork chops for this recipe include blade chop, shoulder chop, sirloin chop, or tenderloin chops. Leaner cuts do work but the results are not as tender.
    Use the canned soups directly from the can, do not add milk or water. Any type of "cream of" soup will work, the combination in the recipe is our favorite.
    If your pork chops are not tender they likely need more time.
    To make a cornstarch slurry combine 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and water. Whisk into the sauce in the slow cooker and let it thicken for about 5 minutes.

    10.2.23: swirled frosting

    10.2.22: missed

    10.2.21: quesadilla wrap hack

    10.2.20: popsicle stick frankenstein


    No comments:

    Post a Comment