Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Halloween Puppy Chow

I love puppy chow, and then adding chopped up Reese’s, orange m&ms, candy corn, and fun candy eyes? Even better, and so fun for Halloween! 

  • I’m writing this post away from home and don’t have my puppy chow recipe with me, I googled for one that seems like how I make it and am sharing this one until I verify it’s the same as mine - recipe found here 
  • 12-oz. box of rice Chex cereal (about 10 cups)
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup salted butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 cups powdered sugar (more as needed / desired
  1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter at 30 second intervals until smooth and melted.
  2. Stir in the vanilla and salt.
  3. Pour chocolate over cereal – this recipe makes a very large batch so I do this in two big bowls. 
  4. Use a wooden spoon to gently mix the cereal with the chocolate, being careful not to break the cereal.
  5. Place the chocolate coated cereal in the bag and add the powdered sugar over the top (yes, just dump it right in). Shake the bag gently to coat all the pieces with powdered sugar –  personally I like to go for a wet/dry hybrid approach for optimal clustering, rather than an each-piece-individually-coated-and-dry approach. 
  6. Transfer to a couple of baking sheets, or just lay it out on parchment paper to cool and set. Store this in the freezer for the best clustering and most satisfying crunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment