Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Hidden Painted Rocks

I am coming to the 'painting rocks and hiding them around the neighborhood' trend - but better late then never! Tesha told me about a long trail she walks where there are painted rocks tucked into all kinds of places, it makes her happy to walk along and spot them. She painted a few to hide, and to give to her grandkids, I've been saying I'm going to paint some for a couple months now and finally got around to it. My crafting OCD had a hard time letting me just be simple and cute, and very not perfect (!) which actually made this all the more fun. I am not a good artist, so painting simple shapes was the way to go!


Paint the base color all over the rock (I painted the bottoms first, let it dry, then turn over and paint the tops). Once dry, paint on your design - how easy is that?! I just used acrylic craft paints and they might wash off it out in the rain long enough, if I was really serious about them I'd add a clear coat on top but I'm not so...the worst thing that happens is they revert to plain old rocks, no one the wiser, and I had a fun afternoon of painting :)



Now I'll just stash them around the neighborhood tomorrow when we walk Sarge and hope they brighten someone's day!

Here's a couple Tesha made using paint and a sharpie to write cute messages

No comments:

Post a Comment