Wednesday, June 3, 2020

My Sis is Hungry: Banana, Oatmeal, and Double-Chip Cookies

Funny, not funny, story about these cookies. My nieces love their grandma's banana oatmeal cookies so I asked if one of them has the recipe, but nope - they just google for one when they want to make them. So I googled and randomly picked a recipe but changed to dark chocolate and butterscotch chip because I had them on hand and it sounded good. Then my sis reviews them (spoiler alert, she likes them!) so I sit down to write up the post and do you think I can find which recipe I used? No I can't! It's driving me crazy. So I made a second batch following the above changes, which seems like a pretty straightforward cookie recipe, just to make sure they are similar if not the exactly the same - what if I told you this is the recipe and then they don't turn out? I'd be a jerk. Oh, and I don't like soft bread-y cookies so these don't do it for me but she loves them so she got her request - for me to make some more and send them over LOL! Good grief. Here's her review:



I got the most amazing cookies.  I can't even tell you how much I liked these cookies.  I will say that’s probably because I LOVE bread. (do I sound like Oprah there?) hahaha... I do love bread.  All forms of it.  And these cookies were very fluffy and thick like bread.  Actually more like a muffin.  Which I also love. HAHA.  Now that said, the husband didn’t love.  He likes his cookies crunchy (weirdo).  And he isn’t a big muffin/bread fan.  But who cares what he likes?  For me the texture was perfect. And I loved the flavor.  Banana maybe and chocolate chips?  Didn’t take the time to evaluate what was inside just scarfed them down. (yes I said scarfed.  Not ladylike but accurate description). 

Delicious.  I think perhaps I should review them again because I’m not quite sure.  Send some more over and I’ll let you know.

BANANA, OATMEAL, CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
  • 3/4 cup (1 and 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1T. vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 t. ground cinnamon
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. coarse salt
  • 3 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 350' and line baking sheets with parchment paper. 
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beat until combined and then stir in bananas. 
3. In another bowl whisk together the four, cinnamon, soda and salt. Add to the butter mixture until just combined. Fold in the oats and chocolate chips.
4. Scoop dough in small balls (I use my small cookie scoop, I think it's 2 teaspoons) and drop on baking sheet 2" apart. Bake for approx 12 minutes until set. Cool on wire rack. 

*Jill here - I sent her a plate of the above recipe to see if she thought they were the same - here's our text conversation:  

No comments:

Post a Comment