Thursday, June 18, 2020

My Sis is Hungry: Fruit Pizza

Remember my recent post for this patriotic fruit pizza? I ended up giving it to my sister instead of having it for dinner - after I showed her the picture she wanted it for a dish to pass, and since I don't need to eat an entire pizza myself (fruit or otherwise!) I was happy to share. What she doesn't know, just between us, is that I bought enough to make a second one in the near future - the red, white, and blue is perfect for a patriotic party - Fourth of July is just around the corner - it'll also be great with different kinds of fruits and berries.

 Here's her review:




This fruit pizza looked amazing, very patriotic for Memorial Day and super cool. The crust was soft and slightly chewy which was delicious.  I saved a piece for the next day and it was still not soggy at all- just soft and chewy. It was really delicious. The topping was not too sweet or overpowering so you could really enjoy the fruit. We took it to a party and by the time we got to dinner we noticed the kids (maybe kids? we are blaming kids anyway...) had helped themselves to it as an appetizer.  Everyone REALLY loved this.  Husband gives this one a nine -  I would give it an eight.  He said the reason he gives it a nine is because he liked that it felt like he was eating something healthy. Is he not aware that the crust is made of cookie? Or the topping is probably some kind of cream cheese sugar mixture? No one tell him. Let’s let him think he’s being healthy.

Thanks sister for making this for me.  If you are looking for a dish to pass that is both delicious and cute this is the one.  Next food day at work I might make this one! (who am I kidding.. I'll ask her to make it again!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment