Monday, June 29, 2020

RV Living: Privacy Curtain

Our new RV has a separate bedroom with a door which is really nice, but if we have people stay with us they are relegated to the pull out couch in the living room which doesn't have any privacy. Not that big of a deal I guess since we are 'camping' and who has privacy at a campground hahahah, but when my sis and b-i-l came to visit I thought it'd be nice to come up with some sort of way to partition off the couch from the kitchen area. This was not only to give them privacy, I am a very early riser and would be forced to stay in the bedroom until they woke up - without coffee! So the curtain idea is also a little self serving - I could theoretically get up, get coffee, go outside without them sleeping out in the open and my trying not to creep on them!


We have pop-outs on both sides of the trailer, creating a ledge on either side at the ceiling. I measured the width that the curtain would need to span and found a long expandable lightweight curtain rod at Walmart that can just rest on top of the ledge - no having to actually 'hang' the rod, and I can easily put it up and take it down. Conveniently the pop-out ledge has a channel that runs the entire length of the pop-out, so to store the curtain rod it just rests in the channel and no one can see it - perfect.




I got 3 lightweight sheer-ish curtain panels, if they are too heavy the rod will bow in the center. So they don't have a solid curtain and yes, I can see thru it, but at night with the shades down it's very dark in the kitchen/couch area so it worked great. During the day it doesn't give much privacy other than the feeling of separation that the curtain provides.


Not exactly another bedroom, but it did serve its purpose - I was able to quietly get my coffee and not so quietly get Sarge's leash on him and sneak out of the camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment