Saturday, June 20, 2020

Wedge Salad Platter

Here's a fun idea for a dinner party/bbq side dish - I took it to my sister's house for dinner the other night and it's so much easier to make a party platter of wedge salads then try to make them individually for a bunch of people. It's the same ingredients as a normal wedge (other than I skip the onion): a head of iceberg, chopped cooked bacon, halved cherry tomatoes, and blue cheese chunks. 

                             

Cut the head of lettuce into wedges and arrange on a platter, big plate, or big shallow bowl. Sprinkle with the toppings and drizzle with balsamic glaze. I made the salad dressing and put in a jar with a pour top, everyone added their own dressing after taking a wedge off of the platter. This turned out to be a really good dinner party salad!


My go to salad dressing for wedge salad is just mayo thinned with milk until it's a good pourable consistency, add a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. I add some ranch dressing (I'm going to say a "glug" is the right amount LOL - is there such thing as a glug? Cuz spellcheck doesn't like it hahahha). Just add some to taste. Then add blue cheese crumbles (or not if you don't like blue cheese!). Sometimes I do half mayo/half plain greek yogurt which is equally good and saves some fat calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment