Thursday, June 11, 2020

Veggie Stuffed Peppers

'My Sis is Hungry' so she fed herself today hahahah. Actually Brooke told me about these stuffed peppers and how much she loves them, so I asked for the recipe. I haven't tried them but cream cheese mixed with veggies and stuffed into a pepper - what's not to like? Well, I wouldn't like jalapeño or poblano (I'm a wuss when it comes to spicy!), but a colorful bell pepper sounds delish!

from Jenny:

I am not sure why my sister wants my made up “recipes” for her blog-I am guessing just to mock me maybe? Anyway here is something I make all the time. It’s my take on stuffed peppers. I do love those traditionally made but the filling of those are primarily cream cheese. For my peppers I do use light cream cheese but really just enough to stick the random veggies I have in here together. 


First I start with whatever kind of pepper is on sale. Sometimes its jalepeno's but usually its larger peppers like regular green peppers, yellow, red or orange bell peppers, poblano peppers. Whatever. I then mix together any veggie I have. My sister will hate that I don't have an actual real recipe with actual amounts of each but I just add whatever. 





My normal is cauliflower rice, chopped mushrooms, pico de gallo (or chopped tomato's if I don't have that), and chopped spinach. I then add a scoop of light cream cheese softened in the microwave, and a scoop of light sour cream. Mix this all together, scoop into my shells and cook for 20 minutes on 350 or until pepper is softened and filling melted. This ends up being a relatively healthy and filling snack that I can microwave one at a time through the week. LOVE these. 



Oh and before my sister asks, I don't know how much is in a scoop. Just scoop some. Depends how many peppers you are trying to cook and how full you like them.  

If my sister is looking to improve on my recipe she can feel free and I will be happy to review hers! 







1 comment:

  1. I love this. I love peppers but they do not like me. This looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete