Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Peas with Rosemary and Pine Nuts

I have an old cookbook in my stash (not old like my new/old cookbooks from the 30's, but it's been in my cupboard for years and I kind of forgot about it!) and saw this recipe for Peas With Rosemary and Pine Nuts, I had the ingredients on hand (except for green onions and I just omitted those), we were surprised how much we liked this. It's definitely a repeat recipe (unless you hate peas, in which case why are you reading a post titled "peas"?? Hmmm? 😉 

                           


I usually find pine nuts in small jars by the pasta sauces, or in clamshell containers in the grocery aisle. They aren't cheap but totally worth it (at least this recipe is totally worth it to me!).


The recipe in the book is for 8-10 servings, and I was just making for the 2 of us so I only made roughly a quarter of the ingredients. This is one of those recipes I don't think needs to be exact - just sprinkle with a little sugar, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste to whatever amount of peas looks right for you. Note, I toasted the pine nuts in a dry pan (did you read yesterday's tip how to toast them?) instead of sautéing in butter.

Recipe as written:

6 T. unsalted butter
1 cup pine nuts
4 green onions, chopped
2-16 oz. pkgs (32 oz. total) frozen petite peas, thawed
1 t. sugar
2 T. minced fresh rosemary, or 2 t. dried
salt and pepper


1. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Sauce pine nuts until golden. Add green onions and sauce 2 minutes.

2. Add peas and rosemary to skillet and continue to cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Serves 8 to 10)







No comments:

Post a Comment