Monday, May 16, 2022

Fried Chicken by Brooke

Brooke sent me 3 recipes from a meal she and her bf made, I already shared her baked macaroni and cheese, and baked brussels sprouts, here's the last one for fried chicken - I've never made fried chicken and am quite impressed! Here's what she had to say:


Hey guys! I fried my own chicken!!

I made drum sticks but this can be done with tenders as well. First we marinaded the chicken in a mix of milk, hot sauce, pickle juice, paprika, salt and pepper. Then let that sit in the fridge for 30 minutes (at least). We made a dry mix of flour, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper; put it in a bowl or plate. We also made an egg wash and put it in a bowl big enough to dip the chicken in.  Then you take the chicken out of the fridge and remove it from the milk mixture, then dip it in each mixture, dry mix, egg wash, dry mix. We fried them on the stove using a big pan with peanut oil and first cooked it on low until they were a light brown and the chicken was cooked pretty well, then we turned the oil up to a higher temp and cooked it the rest of the way and made it crispy! Then take out of the oil and lay on paper towel and let sit!! Be careful its super hot! 

I hope you try this and enjoy it as much as I did! 



She sent a video of how to dredge in the dry/wet/dry mixtures but I can't get it to load - if I figure it out I'll update this post! 

5.16.21: 🔥 week 20




5.16.17:  citrus pesto

No comments:

Post a Comment