Friday, May 20, 2022

Oreo Cupcakes

 I made cupcakes for Teri's son Trent's open house tomorrow - they requested a couple dozen white with white frosting and a couple dozen chocolate. I asked if she wanted filling or different flavors and gave her some options, they picked oreo for the chocolate ones and didn't care if I wanted to fill the white.

The white ones I did my standard white cupcakes and filled them with a pudding/cool whip mix - click here to see how I make those. I didn't take a picture, they're white cupcakes with white frosting and sprinkles so use your imagination haha. 


I haven't made the oreo version like this so I'll share that one today. I baked a dark chocolate cake mix according to package directions, doctored a tiny bit by adding an extra egg, teaspoon of vanilla and a pinch of salt. 

For the filling I combined 1 block of cream cheese, white chocolate pudding (made with only 1 cup of milk), chopped oreos, and enough milk to make it thin enough to squeeze into the top of the cupcakes. Make sure you chop the oreos small enough to squeeze thru the decorating tip. To fill the cakes I put the filling into a decorating bag fitted with a large opening decorating tip, then stick the tip into the top of a cupcake and squeeze (don't squeeze in too much or the cake will crack open - been there!). 

I frosted with chocolate buttercream and added a mini oreo to the top to finish. 



5.20.21: chicken tamale casserole

5.20.20: miracle pork chops by Jen

5.20.19: how to make bias tape

5.20.18: cruising Norway to Sweden

5.20.17: mini pies

5.20.16: square foot gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment