Monday, May 23, 2022

Paper Graduation Hat

I made a graduation hat mason jar gift holder a while ago (click here for that post), this is along the same lines but a little different so thought I'd share. I made one to hold a gift inside a bigger gift that I made for Brooke's graduation - I can't wait to show you what I made for the main gift but I need time to write it up so for now this is a little teaser to tide you over hahah. 

I made this one to look like Brooke's graduation cap, the tassel mimics the one on her hat. Super quick and easy but sooooo cute - cut a square and a 1" wide strip out of white cardstock (or whatever color cap your graduate is wearing) whatever size you want your hat to be; roll the strip (the base of the cap) into a circle and glue in place. Make a tassel out of embroidery thread in whatever color you want, attach it to a length of thread (long enough to attach it to the top of the cap and let the tassel dangle over the side). Poke a hole in the center of the white square and feed the thread thru, either glue it to the bottom side or add a brad over the hole. Glue the square on top of the circle base. 



5.23.21: 🔥 week 21

5.23.20: tomato cage hack

5.23.19: shrimp pad thai

5.23.18: chocolate zucchini cake

5.23.17: suitcase divider (still my best invention haha!) 

5.23.16: design a spring combo garden pot


No comments:

Post a Comment