Friday, January 19, 2024

Office in a Closet

I spent the day setting up a desk in the spare guest room that I use as an office - for years now I've had my office in the guest room closet, which has been a perfect solution when I also wanted to keep the guest room functioning as a guest room. Well the futon I had in here disintegrated (for real, the 'leather' cracked in a million pieces and it was a mess!) so I got rid of it and the room is now basically empty - and it occurred to me that instead of sitting in a closet waiting for guests to need the guest room I could come out of the closet and face the windows and have natural light instead. We have two perfectly nice air mattresses for when I need to use this room for guests. 

Anyway - I made this post longer than it needed to be! I just wanted to show you what my office in the closet looks like, I still have it set up with office stuff other than a handful of things I wanted in closer reach on my new desk setup. 


Mark did this for me so it looks way nicer than if I'd just emptied a closet and put a desk with shelves inside haha. He took the doors off, put up decorative headboard on the walls, and hung an adjustable shelf system along with a fixed desktop/countertop. Until I moved out of the closet I had sheer curtains hung across the opening on a tension rod, but I took them down thinking I'd put the doors back on - but I'm going to leave the doors off for now (making sure I like the new arrangement before I go to the trouble of rehanging them - plus I still enjoy looking at my office closet!). 

The closet is right next to my wrapping wall that I shared with you back in '16. 


My 'desk' is actually an IKEA dinner table, both ends fold down which is very cool and useful in small spaces. I like having both ends up tho and I'll use the left side for crafts or puzzles or sewing...


Remember the macrame wall hanging I made that is now hanging over my window? No, haha? Click here to see the post. 


1.19.21: TT Teri's baked chicken tenderloins

1.19.20: ðŸ”¥ week 3

1.19.19: tri-color veggie saute 

1.19.18: carved watermelon helmet

1.19.17: color coded keys

1.19.16: chopping vegetables (and not your fingers) 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment