Sunday, January 28, 2024

🔥 Around the Campfire (week 4)

Dear Campers ~ 

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp last week:

Posts ~

1/21: 🔥 week 3

1/22: felt football field runner

1/23: TT copycat In-N-Out sauce

1/24: copycat In-N-Out Animal-Style Fries

1/25: safety pin bead bracelet

1/26: crockpot chicken and dumplings 

1/27: words

What's Cooking ~

  • chicken and biscuit dumplings, chopped salad
  • roast pork loin, spaghetti squash with spinach and tomatoes
  • grilled chicken breast, seasoned rice packet, roasted broccoli
  • grilled tuna, basmati rice, steamed broccoli 
  • grilled Italian sausage, chickpea pasta with pink sauce, caesar salad

Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~

I've read a lot of book lately! Here's the last 4:

  • 'The Girl in the Mirror' by Rose Carlyle - I really enjoyed this twisted, dark, suspenseful novel about greedy, jealous, identical twins; it takes a bit to get going but once it does I was hooked. I thought I knew what was going to happen but I was wrong. Give it to the end, I promise it's a jolt. Maybe don't read about this book beforehand, the reviews and storyline blurbs give away a few things that would have made it even more suspenseful. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • 'The Wife Upstairs' by Rachel Hawkins - a modern take on the classic 'Jane Eyre'. Another really good and twisted book, I enjoyed it until the ending which is very far-fetched and implausible. Still worth reading I just wish the end was as good as the rest. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • 'Bad Luck and Trouble' by Lee Child, #11 in the Jack Reacher book series. I've read all of these but after watching the show I had to go back and read it again (First season they based on #1 Killing Floor and I re-read that one too). I love Jack Reacher so really don't care what the plot line is haha, they are all good. This one has someone killing the members of his old Army team and he is not standing for that. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    • Funny side story - I read an intro by Lee Child talking about how he came to write Jack Reacher and one thing he knew he wanted was a strong lead character, everyone remembers the character but rarely remember the plot line. His example was 'everyone knows the Lone Ranger, but no one remembers the plots' hahah. So true (at least for me)! 
  • after reading so many thrillers this week I wanted to read something light and easy (and not as heart-pounding haha) so picked up 'The Chemistry of Love' by Sariah Wilson. Romance is not my favorite genre but this one is quite good and harmless, it's not like a Harlequin Romance novel (you know, the overly-descriptive-maybe shut the bedroom door TMI kind LOL!) and has a cute if predictable storyline. I didn't care that it's predictable, it's still a fun (and pretty funny) read. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️  Can't believe I'm giving a silly romance novel 4 stars but I liked it!

That's it for this week! See you next week for more projects, crafts, recipes, whatever we can think of to make at camp - bye :)


Sincerely ~

Jill
camp counselor

1.28.23: coconut rice

1.28.22: thru the years

   

No comments:

Post a Comment