Saturday, January 28, 2023

Coconut Rice

This is a follow up to yesterday's post from Macey for coconut rice with cumin garlic shrimp. I made the coconut rice last night and thought I'd share how great it is! We loved it. I did half water and half canned coconut milk in my rice cooker and it turned out so flavorful, and the kitchen smelled so good - I will absolutely be making rice this way as often as possible haha. I didn't take a picture, it just looks like rice!

Using the cup that came with my rice cooker, I combined 3 cups of long grain basmati rice with 1 can of coconut milk and 2 cups water; when the rice cooker clicked to 'warm' I added 2 tablespoons of butter, closed the lid and let the rice steam and the butter melt. Stir it up, add salt and pepper to taste. Yum. 

I served this with chicken marinated in tequila lime seasoning (from the grocery store, I don't know what the actual ingredients are) and wilted spinach. 


1.28.22: thru the years











1.28.20: TT microwaving tip











1.28.19: DIY glass cleaner












1.28.18: salsa verde pork enchilada casserole









1/28/17: mimosas












1/28/16: guest room tips (organizing and getting ready for guests)


No comments:

Post a Comment