Sunday, January 29, 2023

🔥 Around the Campfire (week 5)

 Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp last week:

Posts ~

1/22: 🔥 week 4

1/23: deck planter boxes

1/24: TT laundry symbols

1/25: chipotle bbq meatloaf

1/26: ham salad version 2

1/27: coconut rice with cumin garlic shrimp by Macey

1/28: coconut rice

What's Cooking ~

  • grilled steak, potato salad, sautéed mushrooms, caesar salad
  • grilled chicken breast, leftover potato salad, roasted green beans
  • shrimp tacos, spanish rice, tomato and avocado side salad
  • individual pizzas, green salad with balsamic vinaigrette 
  • grilled marinated chicken, coconut rice, wilted spinach
  • baked salmon (rubbed with maple bourbon spice blend), coconut rice, roasted broccoli
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~

  • read "The Secret Garden" by Francis Hodgson Burnett, it's considered a children's classic and I'd never read it. Macey bought me a 'secret garden' phone case for Christmas that is really pretty and that was the inspiration for me to read this book. I enjoyed it - while it doesn't beat out my all-time favorite childrens book (The Velveteen Rabbit ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️),  it's a really good read ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
  • read "Open Season" by C.J. Box, first in the Joe Pickett series, there's many books in the series and I wanted to love it so I'd have another book reading mission to go on hahaha but it just didn't grab me. I'll read the second one and give the series one more chance. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
That's it for this week - stop back often to see more projects, crafts, recipes, whatever else I think of to make at camp next week. Bye!

Sincerely ~

Jill
camp counselor


1.29.22: thru the years

1.29.21: air fryer avocado

1.29.20: lemon rosemary chicken (starting with a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, easy!)


















No comments:

Post a Comment