Friday, January 20, 2023

Shrimp Scampi by Macey

My niece Macey sent this recipe and pics for me to share with you, how good does this sound (and look)? I think instead of doing 'my niece is hungry' posts they should be 'your aunt is hungry' instead hahah. Thanks Mae!


This week I attempted shrimp scampi! In a cast iron pan on high heat, sautéed shallots in a butter/wine mixture  (melting the butter first).. when the shallots looked about done, I then added chopped garlic and more white wine, turning the heat up for ~30-45 seconds to burn off the alcohol taste. 

I added shrimp, parsley, a little salt and pepper, (stirring in more melted butter as needed)… squeeze of lemon, a tablespoon of sugar, and waited for the shrimp to cook through. From here, I added cooked pasta directly into the cast iron pan to coat every noodle in delicious butter/wine/yummmy-ness. 

I served onto a plate, sprinkled some more fresh parsley and a little Parmesan cheese on top! 

This meal came together with a little side salad that I served roughly 5-10 minutes before the pasta was done. I used a honey Dijon mustard dressing for the salad, with cucumber, tomato, a little red onion, and salt and pepper to taste. 


So yum!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment