Monday, January 9, 2023

Clear Craft Marble Notecards

I don't know what these clear rock/pebble/gem/marble things are called - I googled for the actual name and everyone calls them something different. I'm going with marbles, call them what you want haha. They are flat on one side, domed on the other, and come in different sizes. I've had good luck finding them at dollar stores but craft stores should also carry them, they are usually in a bag.  I've done lots of things with them - I found these when cleaning out my craft room and thought I'd share this fun, easy idea (good kid craft too!). 

Cut cardstock into whatever size card you want to make and fold in half. For example: if you want to make a 4x6 card, cut your paper 8" by 6" and fold in the middle to end up with 4" high by 6" wide. 


Find images and/or words and print them onto plain paper - or cut out of magazines, wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, etc. Cut them to fit the size of your marble/gem - the marbles aren't usually perfectly round so you'll want to match each image to each marble. Apply a thin coat of glue to the back of the image and glue in place on your card. 


Thinly brush Mod Podge (make sure it's going to dry clear - do all Mod Podge formulas dry clear? I can't remember) on the surface of the flat side of the marble and put it on top of the image that's already stuck to your card.  Let it dry, and you're done!


Obviously it's not ideal to try to mail these cards, I attach to a gift or hand-deliver. 





No comments:

Post a Comment