Sunday, January 22, 2023

🔥 Around the Campfire (week 4)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap of what happened at camp last week in case you missed anything:

Posts ~

1/15: 🔥 week 3

1/16: MNIH: gluten-free poke brownies

1/17: TT ham stock

1/18: ham soup with potatoes and beans

1/19: peach mustard barbecue sauce

1/20: shrimp scampi by Macey

1/21: yet another phone case

What's Cooking ~

  • bbq ribs, cauliflower tots, wedge salad
  • grilled thin sliced chicken, zucchini and mushroom parmigiana 
  • baked bbq salmon, rice pilaf, roasted green beans
  • baked chicken with panko crumbs, sautéed sugar snap peas, pasta with olive oil and parmesan
  • pork tenderloin with peach mustard bbq sauce, mushroom ravioli, roasted broccoli   
    • I just realize we had some kind of bbq 3 times this week hahha, but they're all different! 
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • took everything off the shelves in my office, dusted and re-arranged. Ahhhhh, hate doing it but love the results! 
  • read 'These Precious Days' by Ann Patchett and loved it. Loved it so much I will probably buy myself a copy (I read it with my library app). ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • read 'It Ends with Us', I've seen this book everywhere so of course wanted to read it, it took forever before it was my turn and - no spoiler alert but have you guys read it? - I just didn't love it. I didn't know what it was about, the first half was going along all light and harmless and then took a turn I did not see coming and didn't like. ⭐️⭐️1/2. Not sure why I then thought to read "It Begins with Us', but am glad I did; it's the follow-up book to It Ends with Us that the author (Colleen Hoover) said she had no intention of writing but people begged to know more about what happened to the characters - I don't know if I'd like it as much without reading the first one so I'll go ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2.
  • also read 'Mad Honey' by Jody Picoult and Jennifer Finney Boylan. One of my all-time favorite books is by Jody Picoult (Lovely Bones) but this is one of my least favorites by her. I didn't like the subject matter, the long court case, most of the characters, and the ending. I'll give it ⭐️⭐️ only because I did read it all and didn't skip to the end to just find out what happens already - trust me I was tempted haha.
That's it for this week - hope you'll stop back often for more projects, recipes, crafts, whatever else I can think of to make (or get other people to make for me hahah). Bye!

Sincerely ~

Jill
camp counselor



No comments:

Post a Comment