Thursday, January 26, 2023

Ham Salad v.2

After making ham soup last week I still had leftover ham (because ham is never-ending haha) so I thought I'd make ham salad for lunch - I mixed together chopped ham, diced bread and butter pickles, diced celery, mayo and a little honey mustard. It was fine but not really blog-worthy (right, so many of my posts are 'blog-worthy' hahahah. click here and here for a couple examples of what gets blogged and probably shouldn't have). 


While going thru old posts I found that I already posted a ham salad in '21 and that one was really good! So I decided to post this as more of a tip than a new post. The salad I made in '21 has pretty much the exact same ingredients (I added mustard to the '23 version) - so the key to why the '21 salad was so much better? Has to be a texture thing. In '21 I put the mixture in the food processor, last weeks I left as chunks and just stirred it together. Pulsed in the food processor is much better. 

Click here for the post 'Throw-back Thursday: old-fashioned ham salad'. 


left chunky - should be the same thing, no? 
texture makes all the difference here!


1.26.22: thru the years

1.26.21: TT separating cabbage leaves

1.26.20: ðŸ”¥week 4









1.26.19: Ron's Mom's dinner (aka 'the okra dish')












1.26.18: Brooke made gemstone soap










1.26.17: Valentine heart garland












1.26.16: honey lime dressing



No comments:

Post a Comment