Thursday, January 18, 2024

Omelet Wrap

I saw the idea for a ham and swiss omelet breakfast wrap in a cookbook titled "Skinnytaste Simple", it reminds me a little bit of my sis's 'TikTok egg sandwich' and I thought I'd give this a try. I did mine using chopped onions and sweet peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, and shredded cheese because that's what I had on hand - it was a little messy because of the small pieces of chopped veggies, I'm sure if I followed her recipe using ham, swiss, and baby spinach it might have been easier to pick up and eat. As it is, I just ate mine and let it be messy - or I could have used a fork hahaha. The point of this is that you can customize the fillings to whatever you like.

Here's the original recipe:

  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 oz. thinly sliced low-sodium ham, chopped (scant 1/3 cup)
  • 1 oz. light Swiss or nondairy cheese, chopped (scant 1/3 cup)
  • 1/4 cup loosely packed baby spinach and baby kale, chopped
  • 1 (8- or 9") low carb whole wheat or gluten-free tortilla
  • hot sauce (optional) for serving
  • olive oil, salt and pepper
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs; then add the ham, cheese, spinach, and salt and pepper to taste.

Spray a nonstick medium skillet with olive oil and heat over medium-low heat. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and swirl the pan to create a round omelet to match the size of your tortilla. Place the tortilla on top of the egg mixture and press gently with your hands (the uncooked eggs will act as a sort of glue that sticks to the tortilla).

Let the bottom of the eggs cook until set and no longer runny, 1 to 2 minutes, then run a flat spatula along the outside of the omelet, carefully releasing the outer edges to prepare for flipping. Flip the omelet and cook, tortilla side down, for about 1 minute more, or until the tortilla is browned and begins to crisp.

Transfer the omelet/tortilla to a plate and carefully roll it up. Place seam side down and cut in half. Serve with hot sauce if desired.

Per (1 wrap) serving: calories 301, fat 15g, carb 20g, fiber 12g, protein 31g









No comments:

Post a Comment